We may receive a commission if you purchase a product we have featured on our site. Disclosure
Big changes are coming for online postage users!
Top Tip: Forever stamp prices are increasing, so lock in your savings now with Stamps.com or by buying more forever stamps. Or are you wondering do stamps expire?
- Changes take effect on January 21st, 2018
- The first-class forever stamp price will increase from $0.49 to $0.50
- Postcard stamps and metered letters will also have a $0.01 increase, though there will be no change to international single-piece letters or additional ounces.
Summary of first-class and basic mailing changes:
|Letters: additional ounces||$0.21||Unchanged|
|1oz International Letters||$1.15||Unchanged|
|Postcards (domestic US)||$0.34||$0.35||+$0.01|
What about Priority Mail and Shipping Services?
Well, changes are afoot here too with the following highlights:
- Priority mail prices will increase on average 3.9%
- Priority mail retail will increase an average of 0.8%
Here’s a handy-dandy table of the changes:
|Small Flat Rate Box||$7.15||$7.20||+$0.05|
|Medium Flat Rate Box||$13.60||$13.65||+$0.05|
|Large Flat Rate Box||$18.85||$18.90||+$0.05|
|APO/FPO Large Flat Rate Box||$17.35||$17.40||+$0.05|
|Regular Flat Rate Envelope||$6.65||$6.70||+$0.05|
|Legal Flat Rate Envelope||$6.95||$7.00||+$0.05|
|Padded Flat Rate Envelope||$7.20||$7.25||+$0.05|
That’s the changes so far. Please note: this isn’t fully confirmed yet and there may be updates. Check back again if you need to keep tabs on this!
Source: US Postal Service Announces New Prices for 2018
Was this article helpful? We hope so! If it was, you might want to consider purchasing your next set of shipping supplies or stamps from Amazon.com